Octopus' Garden

Saturday, May 03, 2008

RESET, RESTART, REBOOT

I've needed to keep things very quiet, peaceful, and simple here at Artichoke Heart Headquarters while I build up some scar tissue around some recent personal and professional disappointments.

I feel as if I've been trapped on a plane falling out of the sky and the person seated next to me has repeatedly insisted on using my drop-down oxygen mask instead of their own.

It's been turning me blue.

I tried changing seats a couple of times, but it didn't seem to help.

And so I've been blue, running on not-enough oxygen, and exhausted.

And I've locked myself in the lavatory for a little while, alone with the emergency drop-down oxygen mask secreted in the panel over the toilet, until I feel less blue.

And I'm keeping it all very simple:

Writing
Reading
Nesting
Cats
Clean, simple healthy food
Lots of exercise
Plenty of sleep

Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others.

Waiting for the blue to fade.

Waiting for the ding . . . for the Fasten Seat Belt sign to blink off.
posted by Artichoke Heart at 2:31 PM

3 Comments:

I hope you have your very own John Cusack -- or Ione Skye, if you prefer -- to hold your hand while waiting for the ding.
xoxo
Blogger Yellehs, at 11:19 AM  
Wishing you simple days ahead.
Blogger Lee Herrick, at 5:21 AM  
Thanks Shelley and Lee. :)
Blogger Artichoke Heart, at 9:25 PM  

Add a comment