Octopus' Garden

Monday, May 05, 2008

FIVE EASY PIECES-DE-MAYO

1.

I saw a young robin the other day attempting to take off with an astonishingly fat rubbery foot-long super-size-me spectacle of an earth worm.

The worm so large it made flight a precarious, tilty, swooping affair.

Good for you! I said to the robin.


2.

I have decided that it's high time to become officially paranoid about artificial sweeteners.

I want the real thing. Or none at all.

No Splenda, no Nutra-Sweet, no crappitty-crap pink stuff. No fakers, plagiarizers, liars or posers allowed.

Honey is okay. On occasion, I'll maybe take a little honey.


3.

AH: YAWWWWWNNNNN! Phwaattttz?!?!

Aiko the Kitten: Hee. I just stuck my entire head! In your mouth! While you were yawning!

AH: Why would you do a thing like that?

Aiko the Kitten: Because I can.


4.

Tampopo the Kitten: [Wildly bouncing up and down on the mini-trampoline like a a caffeine-crazed orangutan.] I'm the red-headed stepchild! I'm Lu's favorite!!!


5.

At night, the sound of the train whistle gets stretched between the bluffs like hand-pulled taffy.
posted by Artichoke Heart at 4:24 PM

3 Comments:

I requested both of your books at my local library and they've finally come in! I can't wait to read them, if only they're half as good as your weblog.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 PM  
Wait.

Is the mini trampoline for you?

Or the kitties?

Either way, I love it.
Blogger Lu, at 5:52 PM  
Thanks, Anonymous! I hope you like them.

Lu, the mini trampoline is/was allegedly for me. But I think it's been hijacked!
Blogger Artichoke Heart, at 9:24 PM  

Add a comment