Octopus' Garden

Monday, April 28, 2008

BE MY VALENTINE

My Valentine arrives in the mail today:





* * *

Other recent minty vintage eBay goodness (abstract mid-century bird carving, and Royal Crown Paradise pieces, including Tampopo, who likes to make sure her head's in the frame):







* * *


The possum runs on fleet pink-eraser feet.

Faster than you'd think.

Small burr of a baby stuck to her back.

Raising a trailed flare of dog barks

like car alarms.

Dead? Or only playing?
posted by Artichoke Heart at 4:02 PM

3 Comments:

I love the imagery in that poem - so true!

I have raised many a baby opossum in my time, mothers having been hit by cars and people kind enough to pluck the little guys from her body. They're cutely ferocious, hissing with their mouths open before they even have teeth.

I like your purchases! Lovely.
Blogger anne, at 8:08 PM  
"...fleet pink-eraser feet." I love that.

Your luck on ebay makes me want to try. But if I start I'm afraid I won't be able to stop.

K
Blogger Unknown, at 12:46 PM  
I love opossums. Opossum rescue sounds amazing, Anne!

And Karin, yes . . . the eBay thing is disturbingly addictive! But I love it. I think it's safe to say that I pretty much do the majority of my shopping on eBay.
Blogger Artichoke Heart, at 2:03 PM  

Add a comment