Octopus' Garden

Saturday, January 19, 2008

THE TOILET PAPER STAGE






In which the kittens begin to distinguish between Self and Other and enter into an imaginary misrecognition of symbolic knowledge upon which the Ego is formed. To inaugurate entry into the imaginary order, and counteract threat/anxiety of fragmentation, kittens must unspool and fragment toilet paper to resolve aggressive tension between subject and image, as well as demonstrate jubilant mastery over the imaginary . . . but hide when the Omnipotent Mother, who has opposable thumbs, discovers evidence of this precarious mastery.
posted by Artichoke Heart at 4:17 AM

6 Comments:

Bwhahahahaha! Lacatian.
Blogger Dr. Medusa, at 11:04 AM  
HAHAHAHA

i love the use of jargon here!
Blogger Peter, at 12:22 PM  
You have beautiful new babies!!! Congratulations! I know they'll never replace The Bean, but I am so glad that Yuki and Nobu have new little friends -- and you do, too!
Blogger Yellehs, at 2:07 PM  
Brilliant!

(Juneau the Wonder Kitty is in this stage as well. I tried to explain to him that toilet paper is expensive and that it loses its functionality when reduced to confetti. But he only blinked at me and attacked my foot.)
Blogger nobody's starling, at 9:34 PM  
God, do I wish I could curl up on top of the VCR after a big day of destroying things.
Blogger Lu, at 4:11 PM  
Kittens! KittenskittenskittensKITTENS!

My Lotus, who will be three years old in March, has only in the last six months reached the stage where toilet paper is safe out in the open. Until this past summer, I had to keep it in a cabinet. I still have to lock up the paper towels. What can I say ... he's into mastery.
Blogger Anne Haines, at 8:04 PM  

Add a comment