Octopus' Garden

Thursday, April 19, 2007

MOONFLOWERS IN A TOXIC WASTE DUMP

Libra Horoscope for Week of April 19, 2007:

You could grow moonflowers in a toxic waste dump, Libra. You could lift the spirits of a child who has been raised in grievous poverty. That's how much regenerative power you possess right now. You might even be able to locate underground water in a desert, or resurrect a dead dream, or alleviate half of your deepest suffering. I'm not absolutely sure you could transform lead into gold, but I do know that now is one of your best chances ever to pull it off.
posted by Artichoke Heart at 12:55 AM

5 Comments:

This week Rob Brezsny told me (Pisces) to clear out half my brain. I like yours better! Maybe with your transformative powers you could make me into an honorary Libra.

B-Cat
Blogger Unknown, at 2:46 PM  
What if this Libra IS a toxic waste dump? *hrmph*
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  
--And the flowers that grew out of Hiroshima, of course (as Vizenor? or Silko? reminds us)! What a wonderful prose-poem, although something more serendipitous than "lead into gold" might make it even better?

(But I'm stumped: "I'm not absolutely sure you could transform George W. Bush into an able & articulate statesman" --nah, just doesn't cut it. . . .)
Blogger Tom Gannon, at 12:46 AM  
Now did I ever send you those moonflower seeds? What I love about them is they only bloom at night and the shell of the seed is so hard you must prick them before you plant.

I love that...the perfect flower for you...

p.s. if I didnt send them let me know and I will mail some to you.
Blogger early hours of sky, at 10:30 AM  
Off the topic, but moonflowers always startled me, left me breathless. Unnerving--not intimidating, but too perfect and all-foreign all the same. I wonder each spring if I will grow them. I was glad to see them referenced. Thanks.
Blogger Unknown, at 10:48 PM  

Add a comment