Octopus' Garden

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"I'LL RUN AWAY WITH YOU . . ."

5:20 a.m.

Can. Not. Sleep.

Alarm going off in less than an hour.

Why, why, why?

You're just like a dream.

I want to walk around town in the dark with my disheveled hair, moonlight forking its silvered tinny music through my head, daring the sun to come up.

I want to call down the fog to come and dance with me: all swirl, and dip, fandango, arabesque, and mist.

I want to get on a boat and ride it down the river. All the way to the confluence. All the way to the ocean.

I want to ricochet through the dark, all reckless electricity, and pool the lightbulb on your nightstand with the soft hum of golden lumens burning away the night.

You're just like a dream.

And I just want to sleep.
posted by Artichoke Heart at 5:20 AM

2 Comments:

Of all the forms of insomnia with which I am intimate, I think that early morning type has to be the worst. Waiting for the alarm to go off is torture. Finally drifting off moments before it does go off (which is what usually happens to me) is hell.

I hope you get caught up tonight!

B-Cat
Blogger Unknown, at 9:50 PM  
Thanks for the good sleep thoughts, B-Cat! I always sleep best right before the alarm goes off, too, and yesterday I did, in fact, fall into a very light sleep just minutes before it started beeping at me. Infuriating!
Blogger Artichoke Heart, at 2:12 PM  

Add a comment