Octopus' Garden

Friday, November 18, 2005

ARTHEARTBITS (SORT OF LIKE TIMBITS, BUT NOT)

1. Hallway Convo
He: (Petting sleeve.) Is that black velvet, or is is that more of a midnight blue?
Me: Oh, definitely a midnight blue. You know, very David Lynch-y.
He: (Laughing) Oh no!
Me: Except minus the nitrous oxide, I guess.

2. Wind
For two days the wind buffeted, whipped and howled and moaned, and shook and jangled the wind chimes silly. Then, one morning, I woke up to snow. Now it's cold and quiet. I admit that I like the wind. I like the unquenchability of it. I like how it blows away everything that isn't held down, exposing the bare questions that lie below the leaves and debris. I admit I like the unease of it. How it makes it seem as if anything could happen.

3. Rubicund
Just because it's rubied in a fruity, fecund, and lickable kind of way.

4. Googlers Googling
Recent word searches leading to this blog include: Nostril Cancer, Rhodiola Rhizome Extract, Chin Strap Swim Caps, Pig Licker, and Dropship Cheesecake Website. I feel like the Wizard of Oz.

5. Maybe . . .
a vessel in fragments and shards could be a fountain in another life. Nothing but the cold, dark hum of water polishing everything down to nothing, everything, nothing.
posted by Artichoke Heart at 1:08 AM

3 Comments:

How did you find out which searches led to your blog?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 AM  
I love the poetry in your blog posts.

Your writing is just amazing.
Blogger jo(e), at 10:04 AM  
I love nitrous oxide. I'm so pathetic-- I've never been high on a joint, so I'm sentimental about that root canal 8 years ago, and the wisdom tooth extraction 2 years ago.
Blogger Chris Conway, at 7:39 PM  

Add a comment