Octopus' Garden

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

OY, ENOUGH WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!

In the midst of frantically scuttling about like a deranged cockroach while attempting to get ready for an out-of-town reading, I had something kind of blow up in my face this afternoon and snowball in such a way that instead of packing, which I should have been doing, I've been alternately obsessing on the phone, on the internets via e-mail, and assuming the foetal position and moaning softly. I think that it's been mostly straightened out at this point (keeping fingers crossed), but I still feel a little bit disconcerted and sick to my stomach, with way too much adrenaline coursing through my system.

I have an unfortunate tendency to transmogrify into Twitchy, the Tweaked-Out Stress Whore the day before out-of-town readings. This didn't particularly help.

However, I'm sure that I'll feel better once I'm actually on the road tomorrow.

I'll be at MSU-Moorhead for the next few days, doing a workshop visit, craft talk, and reading as part of the Tom McGrath Visiting Writers Series. I'll probably be off-line for a few days, so ciao for now!
posted by Artichoke Heart at 1:13 AM

5 Comments:

Good luck, AH
Blogger Mr.D., at 7:54 AM  
Take care, you. You're beautiful. That's how it'll go.
Blogger gina, at 8:45 AM  
Wow, Fargo. That's cruel.

My bf and I went there for a wedding a while back and he (native Arizonian) couldn't get over the pizza clerk who yelled, "OOOH, so YOOO ordured the TAHCOH PEEE-ZAH."
Blogger Charles, at 1:20 PM  
Sounds like an invigorating trip. You will surely be invigorated by your reading and workshop activities and come back on a high (I hope!)
Blogger Chris Conway, at 12:38 AM  
i am soo in awe of you.

no milk please
Blogger No Milk Please, at 9:41 AM  

Add a comment