Octopus' Garden

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

THE "SOUND OF SMILING" RICE

I'm feeling rather pleased with myself because I just completed a poem in which I managed to include the names of Japanese rice brands: Kokuho Rose (sounds vaguely glamorous, doesn't it?) Tsuru Mai (the stork brand, which featured a flying stork on the bag), and Niko Niko Rice--which, in addition to being very pleasurable to say aloud, also translates loosely as the "sound of smiling" rice. Isn't that a great name . . . the "sound of smiling" rice?
posted by Artichoke Heart at 5:46 PM

3 Comments:

Read my story at bewilderingstories.com and find out how Octopi are sexual when they come from the watery world. RD Larson www.RDLarson.blogspot.com
Blogger RD Larson, at 6:15 PM  
I buy the Niko Niko Rice all the time and had no idea that's what it translated into? Translated to? I don't know the proper verb, apparently. Don't care! I'm glad my rice sounds like it is smiling! Thank you!

- Shannon from Seattle
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 AM  
all your stories of cooking make me sad. i wish i could cook, maybe it would increase my chances with the ladies. also, it is something for which i have no passion. maybe i should get that first. anyway, what i am getting at is that you had written a new poem and your poetry is delicious (i just read songs for a rainy season, again) and so i assume all your food is amazing too. not linear huh?
your new page is cruel. it makes me crave sushi, which i am not even sure i like and i have no money. finally, enjoy what is left of the summer. I haven't been back to south dakota yet and i miss it terribly. i'll stop now.
best.
Blogger s.m. vanosdel, at 12:10 PM  

Add a comment